The Township of Springfield, NJ, is home to nearly 16,000 people and is the home of Baltrusol Golf Club. It is also the location of the Battle of Springfield which was the last battle of the Revolutionary War.
There are currently 51 homes offered for sale in Springfield. This is the lowest inventory Springfield has seen in years, so now might be the time to sell. Low inventory nearly always results in an increase in prices because the supply is quickly used up by the demand.
And that is exactly what we’re seeing in Springfield prices. The average home sold in January was sold for $351,875 which is about 8% higher than January of 2013. As the spring market kicks in, I wouldn’t be surprised to see prices climb.
Home sellers in Springfield often want to know how long their home needs to be on the market before it sells. Of course, factors such as pricing and condition affect the length of time it will take to sell your home. Pricing your home at market value (your REALTOR can help you with that) and keeping the condition of your home good can help sell your home faster. On average, the homes that sold in January in Springfield sold after about 2 months on the market. For a January market, this is very fast. Who knows what spring will bring?
If you have a home in Springfield that you’d like to sell, contact us for a free comparative market analysis!
For more information on Springfield, NJ:
- The Real Estate Market Report for Springfield - 1/18/2014
- What’s Going On in the Springfield, NJ, Real Estate Market? 12/15/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Springfield for October, 2012
- Springfield Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 - 08/03/13
- Springfield Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 - 05/28/13
- 10 Union County High Schools Make Newsweek’s Short List - 05/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Springfield, NJ Market Trends – First half of 2012 - 07/20/12
- Springfield, NJ Market Trends - 02/28/12