Celebrate Valentine’s Day by visiting these NJ Wineries offering a Wine and Chocolate Wine Trail Weekend February 11-12 from noon to 5 pm.
Auburn Road Vineyard and Winery
is offering live music on Saturday night from 7-9. The Rubber Souls, a Beatles tribute band, will perform Beatles Loves Songs.
Brook Hollow Winery offers custom labels for wine bottles.
Cream Ridge Winery recently released ChocolateBerry wine made with Raspberries.
Four Sisters Winery is featuring a performance of an interactive murder mystery and a buffet dinner.
Laurita Winery offers hand rolled chocolate truffles, chocolate lava cake, and a chocolate romance fountain. Heritage Vineyards is offering a wine and chocolate display as well as live music.
Natali Vineyards offers chocolate and wine samples all weekend and a fresh cut rose for every woman that visits.
Old York Cellars has an indoor picnic area.
Plagido’s Winery has a wide variety of desserts including milk and white chocolate dipped strawberries, éclairs, cream puffs, cakes and cookies.
Unionville Vineyards offers tango lessons at 1:00 on Saturday.
Rosees? Chocolates? Or do you give your partner what s/he really wants – time. Here are a dozen inexpensive date ideas to make give you and your partner the chance to spend some time together.
- Check the Star Ledger for a local concert in a smaller, more intimate setting.
- Buy two cheap canvases and finger paint.
- Build a fire, snuggle up, and read a book of romantic poetry together.
- Take a picnic lunch and go to a lake to feed the ducks.
- Select a new recipe. Shop for the ingredients and prepare dinner together. Get a little fancier than usual.
- Make a recording of the loves songs you both like and play it while driving in the countryside.
- Go for a hike. Some great Union County parks can be found here.
- Rent a new movie and make popcorn.
- Take a trip to NYC and visit the museums.
- Go on a wine or brewery tour.
- See a matinee for less than a movie in the evening.
- Go to a coffeehouse, sit in giant comfy seats, and sip lattes.