Reservoir levels typically drop in the summer. Here are 5 tips anyone can do to help save water:
- Run your washing machine and dish washer only when they’re full. This not only saves water but also saves electricity and detergent.
- Fix a leaking toilet or faucet.
- Turn off the water when you’re brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Sweep your patio and driveway instead of using a hose to clean them.
- Only water your lawn in the early morning and the evening to prevent evaporation.
And here are 5 tips the super conscientious can do to save even more water:
- Install a low flow showerhead and toilet.
- Collect rain water from your roof in a bucket and use it to water your garden.
- Landscape with drought resistant native plants.
- Water your garden with a drip system, not a sprinkler.
- Cover your pool and spa when they aren’t being used to prevent evaporation.
Remember when it comes to water, there is plenty to use, but not enough to waste!