In many parts of Union County, we’re experiencing a weak seller’s market or a diminishing buyer’s market. If you want to get in on the summer market, here are some things you need to know before you list your home:
- Make repairs before you list your home! Things like leaky roofs, dead light bulbs, and broken windows, will make it harder for potential buyers to see your home’s attributes. Take care of them before you list your home.
- Make home improvements that will increase the value of your home. If your budget and time frame allow, making these repairs now will help get your home sold quicker and for a higher price.
- Educate yourself about the home selling process. Here is a link to a free video called “Preparing your home to sell.”
- Interview real estate agents. Most sellers hire the first agent they interview, while others continue looking. Be sure to choose an agent who shows you a vibrant marketing plan that you trust.
- Research market conditions in your neighborhood so that you can make an intelligent decision about pricing your home. We’ve linked some local market reports below to help you get started.