Clark is a charming town in Union County, home to nearly 15,000 people. It has a wide variety of restaurants and coffee shops as well as shopping centers. Clark residents who work in New York City have an easy commute. If you’re thinking of buying or selling a Clark home, you need to know how the real estate market is faring. Here’s what’s been going on in Clark.
For starters, take a look at this graph showing the average sale price and list price of homes that sold in Clark going all the way back to January of 2012. Home prices haven’t changed much, with the exception of April of this year, and are selling now at about $20k more than they did 20 months ago. The average sale price of a home in September of 2013 was $363,846.
Another factor you should consider is the average Days on Market of sold listings. In the field of real estate, homes that are priced well will sell quickly and homes that are overpriced will sell slowly, if at all. Other ways you can decrease the amount of time your home sits on the market is by increasing its exposure with a vibrant marketing plan. You can sell quicker if your home is in good repair, and homes that are updated sell more quickly than homes that are out of date.
In Clark, the average home sells after about 2 months on the market. In September, homes were selling within 50 days, on average. Compared with September of 2012’s average of 124 days on the market, homes are selling much quicker in 2013. It’s also pretty evident that the roller coaster days of real estate have settled down.
The inventory in Clark is beginning its typical autumn decline. Only 13 homes sold in September in Clark, compared to 20 sold homes in August. While this is a drop in sales, it remains significantly higher than September of 2012, when only 7 homes were sold. The inventory has been dropping since June, also, with only 80 homes available in Clark at the end of September.
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Clark and Clark Real Estate:
- Months of Supply in Clark, NJ – 06/25/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Clark, NJ for April, 2013 – 05/06/13
- Why we love Clark, NJ
- Clark, NJ, Market Report for January-March, 2013
- Clark to build a new Town Center
- How long will my Union County home be on the market?
- A Historical look at the January Real Estate Market in Clark
- Clark Market Report – January-November, 2012
- What’s Happening in the Clark Real Estate Market? – 10/25/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Clark? – 10/17/12
- Clark Market Report – August 2011 to August 2012
- Free Market Analysis of Clark, NJ
- 108 Homes Sold in Clark, NJ, so far in 2012! – 07/09/12
- It’s time to buy in Clark! – 02/26/12
- Clark, NJ, Market Study – 02/13/12