The city of Linden is home to about 40,000 people who are served by the Linden Public School system with eight elementary schools, McManus and Joseph E. Soehl Middle Schools, and Linden High School. Linden homeowners enjoy one of the lowest tax rates in Union County.
Currently, there are 245 homes offered for sale in Linden. In September, there were 22 homes sold.
The average home sold in Linden in September sold for $221,739 after 85 days on the market. Not only is this much quicker than homes have been selling in Linden, it is also 15% higher than the average home sold in September of 2012.
Real Estate Professionals judge the strength of a real estate market based upon the Months of Supply in the area. This number tells you how many months it would take for all the current homes for sale on the market to sell, based upon the rate of sales in the past.
A Months of Supply of 5 months is considered average – buyers and sellers are about equal in the area and homes are being bought at about the same rate that they are being put on the market.
A Months of Supply of less than 5 months is what real estate professionals often call a “seller’s market.” This means that there are more buyers than sellers in the area and homes are selling quicker than they are being put on the market. Typically, this increases prices.
A Months of Supply of greater than 5 months is what real estate professionals call a “buyer’s market.” This means that there are more sellers than buyers in the area and homes are sitting unsold for a while. Typically, this decreases prices.
Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please call or email us when you’re ready to get your home on the market! Good luck!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Linden Real Estate:
- Linden Real Estate Market Report for August, 2013 – 08/15/13
- Linden Months of Supply – 07/12/13
- Sell my Linden home! – 06/25/13
- Beautiful 3 BR home in Linden offered for sale! – 06/01/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/26/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/20/13
- 602 W. Curtis Street, Linden – 04/04/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- For Sale – 904 Kent Place, Linden – 12/10/12
- Linden Real Estate Market – 2012 in Review – 01/07/13
- Still a Buyer’s Market in Linden! – 10/29/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Linden? – 10/14/12
- Free Market Analysis of Linden, NJ – 07/30/12
- Linden, NJ, Market Report – 1st half of 2012 – 07/09/12