Scotch Plains, NJ is home to about 23,000 people in southern Union County. It was the site of the Battle of Short Hills during the American Revolution. It was also home of the first African American country club, the Shady Rest Country Club, now the site of the Scotch Hills Municipal golf course.
Students in Scotch Plains are served by the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Regional School District which includes five elementary schools, two middle schools, and Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School. Scotch Plains is also home to theUnion County Vocational Technical Schools and Union Catholic Regional High School. Union County College has a facility in Scotch Plains as well.
New Jersey Transit passes through Scotch Plains and carries passengers to the Port Authority in Manhattan in about 45 minutes, making for an easy commute for Scotch Plains residents working in New York City.
There are currently 131 homes offered for sale in Scotch Plains. This is a 14% reduction in inventory since September of 2012. Decreased inventory usually results in an increase in prices.
The average sale price in Scotch Plains in September was $586,185. As predicted, this is a 24% increase in sold price since September of 2012.
Homes in Scotch Plains are selling quickly. The average home in Scotch Plains sold after 46 days on the market, significantly lower than the average home in Union County and 30% faster than September, 2012.
Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please call or email us when you’re ready to get your home on the market! Good luck!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Scotch Plains Real Estate:
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/06/13
- Sell My Scotch Plains Home in 7 Steps – 06/03/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for April, 2013 – 05/27/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for Jan.-March, 2013 – 04/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Buying and Selling a Home in Scotch Plains – 01/13/13
- Shift in Scotch Plains Real Estate Market – 10/26/12
- How does the number of baths/beds affect sale price in Scotch Plains? – 10/13/12
- Free Market Report of Scotch Plains! – 08/18/12
- Scotch Plains Market Report – 07/20/12
- Scotch Plains Market Trends – 03/11/12