Union, NJ, is home to nearly 57,000 people. It occupies northern Union County in the area that was called Connecticut Farms in the 18th Century.
There are six primary (PreK-4) schools: Battle Hill School, Hannah Caldwell School, Connecticut Farms Elementary School, Franklin School, Livingston School, Washington School. Central Five-Jefferson School serves grade 5, and Burnet Middle School and Kawameeh Middle School serve grades 6 though 8. Union High School serves 2400 students in grades 9-12.
There are currently 319 homes offered for sale. This is the lowest inventory Union has seen since December of 2012. Only 28 homes were sold in Union in November, much lower than the average of 43 homes sold per month this summer.
Prices in Union have been holding steady. The average sale price of a home in Union in November was $260,225. Compare that to $256,809 which is the average sale price of a home in Union so far in 2012. In 2013, the average sale price was $245,527, so there is some growth, although it’s very slow.
Homes in Union sold more slowly in November than they had for the past 6 months. The average home that sold in November was on the market for 127 days. Compare this to 102 days which is the average for the year so far.
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
To see photos and descriptions of all of the homes currently offered for sale in Union, please click here.
If you’re considering selling your Union home, call us today for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Union Real Estate:
- October in Union’s Real Estate Market
- Union Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/07/13
- It’s a Buyer’s Market in Union! – 07/01/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Union, NJ – April, 2013 – 05/28/13
- JUST LISTED!! 1937 Arbor Lane, Union – 05/13/13
- Market Report for Union, for January-March, 2013 – 04/07/13
- JUST SOLD! 1473 Burnet Ave, Union – 12/27/12
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Real Estate Market Looking Up In Union, NJ – 10/26/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Union? – 10/13/12
- Free Market Analysis of Union, NJ – 08/01/12
- Union NJ Market Report for the First Half of 2012 – 08/01/12
- Union NJ Marketing Trends – 03/18/12