About 23,000 people live in the beautiful Union County town of Scotch Plains. Many of those people take advantage of the 45 minute easy commute via New Jersey Transit to Manhattan. Public school children in Scotch Plains are served by the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Regional School District and attend Howard B. Brunner Elementary School, J. Ackerman Coles School, Evergreen School, William J. McGinn School, School One, Park Middle School, Terrill Middle School, and Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School. The Union County Vocational Technical Schools are in Scotch Plains as is Union Catholic Regional High School.
Inventory: There are 63 homes offered for sale in Scotch Plains, ranging in price from $199,999 to $799,000. Inventory is a little low – on average, 138 homes are on sale at any given time in Scotch Plains. Twenty two homes were sold in December.
Pricing: The average sale price of a home in Scotch Plains in December was $449,445, slightly lower than the 2013 average of $491,445 and lower than the average of $517,814 in December of 2012. Scotch Plains remains one of the highest market values of Union County.
How long does it take to sell a home: Scotch Plains homes sell faster than most Union County homes – in December, the average Scotch Plains sold home had been on the market for 53 days and the average for 2013 was 63 days. The county average was 76 days in 2013.
Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please call or email us when you’re ready to get your home on the market! Good luck!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Scotch Plains Real Estate:
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – 12/14/13
- October in the Scotch Plain Real Estate Market – November, 2013
- The Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – October, 2013
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/06/13
- Sell My Scotch Plains Home in 7 Steps – 06/03/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for April, 2013 – 05/27/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for Jan.-March, 2013 – 04/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Buying and Selling a Home in Scotch Plains – 01/13/13
- Shift in Scotch Plains Real Estate Market – 10/26/12
- How does the number of baths/beds affect sale price in Scotch Plains? – 10/13/12
- Free Market Report of Scotch Plains! – 08/18/12
- Scotch Plains Market Report – 07/20/12
- Scotch Plains Market Trends – 03/11/12