The borough of Kenilworth has its roots as a pre-Revolutionary farming town and is currently home to almost 8000 people. Kenilworth public school children are served by Harding Elementary School, David Brearley Middle School, and David Brearley High School.
Fourteen single family homes are currently offered for sale in Kenilworth. They range in price from $150,000 to $625,000. This is a lower inventory than Kenilworth usually has – compare it to 24 homes listed in December of 2013 and 30 homes listed in January of 2013. Sales have also dropped off – only 24 homes were sold in December compared to the average of 35 homes sold per month through 2013 and 34 homes sold in December of 2012.
Sale prices in Kenilworth are slightly below the year’s average as well. The average sale price in Kenilworth in December was $294,500 compared with a 2013 average of $331,956 and compared with the average sale price of $376,744 in December of 2012.
Homes in Kenilworth sell slightly slower than the average home in Union County. In Kenilworth, a home was on the market for 95 days before it was sold in December. In Union County as a whole, the average days on market was 75 days.
If you’re interested in purchasing a home in Kenilworth or the surrounding area, please see a complete list of homes at www.WayneZuhl.com. If you’re planning to sell your Kenilworth home, please call us at 908-917-4189 for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Kenilworth Real Estate:
- The Kenilworth Real Estate Market Report – 12/14/13
- Kenilworth Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/15/13
- Kenilworth Months of Supply – 07/11/13
- Sell my Kenilworth home! – 06/24/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Kenilworth, NJ for April, 2013 – 05/19/13
- Kenilworth Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/20/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Kenilworth Real Estate Market – 2012 in Review – 01/05/13
- Kenilworth Marketing Report – 02/20/12