About 23,000 people live in the beautiful Union County town of Scotch Plains. Many of those people take advantage of the 45 minute easy commute via New Jersey Transit to Manhattan. Public school children in Scotch Plains are served by the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Regional School District and attend Howard B. Brunner Elementary School, J. Ackerman Coles School, Evergreen School, William J. McGinn School, School One, Park Middle School, Terrill Middle School, and Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School. The Union County Vocational Technical Schools are in Scotch Plains as is Union Catholic Regional High School.
There are currently 80 homes offered for sale in Scotch Plains, ranging in price from $135k to $1.56M. This is a lower inventory than most of the past 2 years, but not abnormally low for the middle of winter. I’m sure that the inventory will rise as the temperatures rise.
Prices in Scotch Plains continue to fluctuate. The average price of a home sold in January in Scotch Plains was $438,533, down slightly from the end of 2013.
Homes in Scotch Plains continue to sell more quickly than the rest of Union County. The average home sold in Scotch Plains in January sold after about 3 months on the market, much faster than last winter.
Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please call or email us when you’re ready to get your home on the market! Good luck!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Scotch Plains Real Estate:
- Homes are Selling Quickly in Scotch Plains! 1/18/2014
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – 12/14/13
- October in the Scotch Plain Real Estate Market – November, 2013
- The Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – October, 2013
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/06/13
- Sell My Scotch Plains Home in 7 Steps – 06/03/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for April, 2013 – 05/27/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for Jan.-March, 2013 – 04/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Buying and Selling a Home in Scotch Plains – 01/13/13
- Shift in Scotch Plains Real Estate Market – 10/26/12
- How does the number of baths/beds affect sale price in Scotch Plains? – 10/13/12
- Free Market Report of Scotch Plains! – 08/18/12
- Scotch Plains Market Report – 07/20/12
- Scotch Plains Market Trends – 03/11/12