Union, NJ, is home to nearly 57,000 people. It occupies northern Union County in the area that was called Connecticut Farms in the 18th Century.
There are six primary (PreK-4) schools: Battle Hill School, Hannah Caldwell School, Connecticut Farms Elementary School, Franklin School, Livingston School, Washington School. Central Five-Jefferson School serves grade 5, and Burnet Middle School and Kawameeh Middle School serve grades 6 though 8. Union High School serves 2400 students in grades 9-12.
There are currently 241 homes offered for sale in Union. After a bit of a dip last month, the inventory has partially recovered but is still lower than it’s been in years. Low inventory may bring higher prices – as demand out-buys supply, prices tend to rise.
Prices in Union took a bit of a dive this winter, so spring should bring a correction. The average sold home in Union in January was sold for $229,100, about 25% lower than January of 2013. As the temperatures rise in the spring, prices may rise as well. In the meantime, if you are selling a home, make sure you’re list price is at or below market value to ensure that your home sells within a reasonable amount of time. Keep up with the maintenance of your home – don’t let it look run down or outdated, or the value will drop and buyers will walk past.
Homes are taking longer to sell than they did last summer. In July, 2013, the average Days on Market was 71 days and in January, 2014, that number had increased to 113 days. If you want to buy a home, this may be the best time for you!
For more information on selling a Union home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
If you’re considering selling your Union home, call us today for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Union Real Estate:
- Big Range of Homes for sale in Union – 1/19/2014
- October in Union’s Real Estate Market
- Union Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/07/13
- It’s a Buyer’s Market in Union! – 07/01/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Union, NJ – April, 2013 – 05/28/13
- JUST LISTED!! 1937 Arbor Lane, Union – 05/13/13
- Market Report for Union, for January-March, 2013 – 04/07/13
- JUST SOLD! 1473 Burnet Ave, Union – 12/27/12
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Real Estate Market Looking Up In Union, NJ – 10/26/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Union? – 10/13/12
- Free Market Analysis of Union, NJ – 08/01/12
- Union NJ Market Report for the First Half of 2012 – 08/01/12
- Union NJ Marketing Trends – 03/18/12