How much do you know about Rahway?
Let’s take a simple quiz, shall we?
Q1. What’s the population of Rahway?
- less than 15,000
- between 15,000 and 25,000
- between 25,000 and 35,000
- more than 35,000
The answer is C – Rahway’s population is just over 27,000.
Q2. Back in the days of the American Revolution, what was Rahway originally called?
The answer is B – The settlement of Spanktown participated in a battle of the Revolutionary War called the Battle of Spanktown. The name was later changed to Rahway.
Q3. What President visited Rahway’s Merchants and Drover’s Tavern on the way to his innauguation?
- George Washington
- Abraham Lincoln
- Barack Obama
- George Bush
The answer is A. George Washington visited the tavern in 1789 on his way to his New York City inauguration. The tavern still stands today on the corner of Saint George’s Avenue and Westfield Avenue.
Q4. Rahway was the location of the Nation’s first __.
- mint that made coins with the inscription: “E Pluribus Unum”
- travel agency
- hotel that offered private toilets en suite
- battle of the American Revolution
The answer is A – Rahway was the first place “E Pluribus Unum” was ever stamped on a coin.
Q5. How many public schools are in Rahway?
- 2 elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school
- 4 elementary schools, one middle school, and a high school
- 4 elementary schools, two middle schools, and 2 high schools
- 6 elementary schools, two middle schools, and 2 high schools
The answer is B. Students in Rahway are served by Grover Cleveland School, Franklin School, Madison School, and Roosevelt School, Rahway 7th & 8th Grade Academy for grades 7-8 and Rahway High School for grades 9-12.
So how did you do?
1-2 right – You’re a newcomer, aren’t you?
3-4 right – Still getting used to the town.
5 right – An old-timer like you ought to be writing these quizzes! Contact us!
If you’re interested in buying a home in Rahway, click here to see all of the single family homes and click here to see all of the multiple family homes currently on the market. If you’re interested in finding out what your Rahway home is worth, find out here. If we can help you along the way, email us at email@example.com or call us at 908-917-4189!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on the Real Estate in Rahway and Linden:
- Inventory is down in Rahway and Linden – 2/8/2014
- Single Family Homes for sale in Linden and Rahway – 1/1/2014
- The Linden Market Report – 11/2013
- October in Rahway’s Real Estate Market – November, 2013
- How’s Linden’s Real Estate Market? October, 2013
- Linden Real Estate Market Report for August, 2013 – 08/15/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report – August 2013 – 08/05/13
- Linden Months of Supply – 07/12/13
- How does the Months Supply in Rahway affect sellers? – 07/10/13
- Sell my home in Rahway! – 07/02/13
- Sell my Linden home! – 06/25/13
- Beautiful 3 BR home in Linden offered for sale! – 06/01/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/26/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/27/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/20/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/05/13
- 602 W. Curtis Street, Linden – 04/04/13
- Rahway, NJ – A brief historical look – 03/04/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- The Winter Real Estate Market in Rahway – 02/23/13
- For Sale – 904 Kent Place, Linden – 12/10/12
- Buying or Selling a Home in Rahway, NJ – 01/12/13
- Linden Real Estate Market – 2012 in Review – 01/07/13
- Still a Buyer’s Market in Linden! – 10/29/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Linden? – 10/14/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Rahway? – 10/15/12
- Free Market Analysis of Linden, NJ – 07/30/12
- Linden, NJ, Market Report – 1st half of 2012 – 07/09/12
- Free Market Report of Rahway Homes! – 08/13/12
- Rahway Market Trends – 03/25/12