When you’re ready to begin thinking of buying or selling a home in Westfield, NJ, you need to understand the real estate market conditions. Here’s what you need to know this month.
Inventory: There are currently 218 single family homes offered for sale in Westfield, ranging in price from $119,000 to $4,995,000. Thirty homes were sold in May – compared with the 41 homes that were sold in May, 2013, this is a sluggish start to the summer real estate market.
What does this mean for you?
If you’re selling your home in Westfield, do what you can to make your home stand out in the crowd. Be sure that your agent has a robust marketing campaign. Price your home competitively. Make any necessary repairs.
Prices: Prices are up from last monthwhen they had taken quite a dive and the average sold price in May is about 13% higher than the six month average.
For more information on Westfield Real Estate:
- Westfield Inventory Up and Prices Down – 5/26/14
- What’s up with Westfield – 3/12/2014
- Buying a home in Westfield – 1/25/2014
- Restaurant Week in Westfield! 9/30/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Westfield, NJ for April, 2013 – 05/30/13
- 10 Union County High Schools Make Newsweek’s Short List – 05/08/13
- Market Report for Westfield – January-March, 2013 – 04/06/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Westfield Market Report – 02/26/12