Did You Know? Clark, NJ, was incorporated as a township 150 years ago and was named for Abraham Clark who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence. In 2013, New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Clark as 174th in its rankings of “Best Places To Live” in New Jersey.
Today, nearly 15,000 people call this suburban township home. Public school children in Clark are served by Frank K. Hehnly Elementary School, Valley Road Elementary School, Carl H. Kumpf Middle School, and Arthur L. Johnson High School.
If you’re thinking of buying or selling a Clark home, your first step is to educate yourself on current market conditions. Here’s what you need to know this month.
Inventory: There are currently 83 homes offered for sale this month in Clark. Prices range from $179,000 to $1,050,000. Inventory is up this month which is normal for the end of the summer. There were 18 homes sold in August – slightly slower than earlier in the summer.
Prices: The median sale price in Clark in August was $359,500, down from July’s median of $393,950, and slightly below the 12 month median of $368,407. List prices continue to rise. August’s median list price was $425,000, up from July’s median of $399,333 and above the 12 month average of $420,807.
Time on Market: The average sold home in Clark in August was sold after 54 days on the market – slower than July’s DOM of 40 days and just under the 12 month average of 55 days.
What does this mean to you? The summer market appears to be coming to an end. The homes that were in market-ready condition and that were priced to sell were sold over the summer, but the summer has ended strongly. Even though inventory is dropping, there are still some beauties left so buyers arriving late to the market still have some opportunities. Sellers who want to sell their homes this winter will have to have a strong marketing campaign, great pricing, and be market ready in order to appeal to the decreased number of buyers in the market right now.
For more information on selling a home:
- How do you get a CCO in Clark? 3/3/2014
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Clark and Clark Real Estate:
- Free Comparative Market Analysis of your Clark Home
- Clark Real Estate Market Report – July, 2014
- Do You Want to Buy or Sell in Clark? – June 21, 2014
- What’s Up in Clark’s Real Estate Market? – 5/17/14
- Clark Market Report– 4/17/14
- Clark Real Estate Market Report – 3/8/2014
- How do you get a CCO in Clark? – 3/3/2014
- Sold! 35 School Street – 2/3/2014
- For Sale – Single Family homes in Clark – 1/11/2014
- Real Estate in Clark, NJ – 12/9/2014
- The Clark Real Estate Market Report – 11/7/2013
- How’s the Real Estate Market in Clark, NJ? – 10/2013
- Months of Supply in Clark, NJ – 06/25/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Clark, NJ for April, 2013 – 05/06/13
- Why we love Clark, NJ
- Clark, NJ, Market Report for January-March, 2013
- Clark to build a new Town Center
- How long will my Union County home be on the market?
- A Historical look at the January Real Estate Market in Clark
- Clark Market Report – January-November, 2012
- What’s Happening in the Clark Real Estate Market? – 10/25/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Clark? – 10/17/12
- Clark Market Report – August 2011 to August 2012
- Free Market Analysis of Clark, NJ
- 108 Homes Sold in Clark, NJ, so far in 2012! – 07/09/12
- It’s time to buy in Clark! – 02/26/12
- Clark, NJ, Market Study – 02/13/12