Did You Know? Clark, NJ, was incorporated as a township 150 years ago and was named for Abraham Clark who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence. In 2013, New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Clark as 174th in its rankings of “Best Places To Live” in New Jersey.
Schools: Today, nearly 15,000 people call this suburban township home. Public school children in Clark are served by Frank K. Hehnly Elementary School, Valley Road Elementary School, Carl H. Kumpf Middle School, and Arthur L. Johnson High School.
If you’re thinking of buying or selling a Clark home, your first step is to educate yourself on current market conditions. Here’s what you need to know this month.
The inventory hasn’t yet begun its typical winter slow down. By this time last year, the inventory had dropped to about 70% of the summer high but this year we’re holding steady.
Good news for sellers – as inventory is holding steady, so are prices. The average sale price of a home in Clark in October, 2014, was $459,300, slightly above the 12 month average of $415,162.
Homes may be seling at the same price as they did all summer, but they are definitely selling more slowly. The average sold hom in October had been on the market for 75 days compared to 54 days in August.
What does this mean to you?
When the inventory remains high through the autumn, prices tend to drop as sellers get anxious. Since prices have held steady through the autumn, this winter may see a drop as sellers agree to lower prices in order to end their increasingly long Days on Market. There are so many houses on the market that buyers really have their pick, but buyers need to be prepared to pay full price. Last year, prices really didn’t drop until February, and even then they never got as low as the previous summer.
If you want to sell your home, you need to price it competitively and keep it in top notch showing condition in order to stand out from the large pack.
What’s your next step?
If the time is right for you to buy or sell a home in Clark, Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please give us a call at 908-917-4189.
For more information on selling a home:
- How do you get a CCO in Clark? 3/3/2014
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
For more information on Clark and Clark Real Estate:
- Real Estate Market Conditions in Clark – August, 2014
- Free Comparative Market Analysis of your Clark Home
- Clark Real Estate Market Report – July, 2014
- Do You Want to Buy or Sell in Clark? – June 21, 2014
- What’s Up in Clark’s Real Estate Market? – 5/17/14
- Clark Market Report– 4/17/14
- Clark Real Estate Market Report – 3/8/2014
- How do you get a CCO in Clark? – 3/3/2014
- Sold! 35 School Street – 2/3/2014
- For Sale – Single Family homes in Clark – 1/11/2014
- Real Estate in Clark, NJ – 12/9/2014
- The Clark Real Estate Market Report – 11/7/2013
- How’s the Real Estate Market in Clark, NJ? – 10/2013
- Months of Supply in Clark, NJ – 06/25/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Clark, NJ for April, 2013 – 05/06/13
- Why we love Clark, NJ
- Clark, NJ, Market Report for January-March, 2013
- Clark to build a new Town Center
- How long will my Union County home be on the market?
- A Historical look at the January Real Estate Market in Clark
- Clark Market Report – January-November, 2012
- What’s Happening in the Clark Real Estate Market? – 10/25/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Clark? – 10/17/12
- Clark Market Report – August 2011 to August 2012
- Free Market Analysis of Clark, NJ
- 108 Homes Sold in Clark, NJ, so far in 2012! – 07/09/12
- It’s time to buy in Clark! – 02/26/12
- Clark, NJ, Market Study – 02/13/12