Happy New Year! Rahway has had several revitalization projects in recent years. Its population is just over 27,000. Students in Rahway are served by Grover Cleveland School, Franklin School, Madison School, and Roosevelt School, Rahway 7th & 8th Grade Academy for grades 7-8 and Rahway High School for grades 9-12.
Before you buy or sell a home in Rahway, here’s what you need to know for 2014:
Inventory: There are currently 191 homes offered for sale in Rahway. The average active inventory in Rahway for 2014 was 214 homes – about 16% higher than 2013. Higher inventory helps to create a Buyers’ Market in which there are more homes than people interested in buying a home. This has the tendency to reduce prices. Homes that are priced closer to value and homes that are well maintained sell for more than comparable homes that are priced higher than value or are not as well maintained.
The average sold price of a home in Rahway in December was $247,190 compared to the yearly average sold price of $236,361. This reflects a 4% increase as compared to 2013.
Days on Market:
Homes that are well maintained and that are priced close to value will sell faster than homes that are less well maintained and homes that are priced too high. The average Days on Market in Rahway in December was 52 days – this is the fasted turn around in Rahway in several years. The 2014 average DOM was 85 days, 16% faster than 2013.
What does this mean to you? If you are a homeowner or a homebuyer in Linden, it’s never been more important than now to have competent and professional representation. Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Contact us now for your free Comparative Home Analysis!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast – 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! – 01/12/12
- How Do Sellers Choose the Right Agent?
- Preparing Your Home to Sell
- PRIDE in Selling Your Home
For more information on the Real Estate in Rahway and Linden:
- Strong Buyers Market in Rahway – June 21, 2014
- Linden and Rahway Real Estate – May 17 2014
- Rahway and Linden Real Estate Market Report – April 17, 2014
- Buyers Market in Rahway and Linden – 3/8/2014
- Single Family Homes for sale in Linden and Rahway – 1/1/2014
- The Linden Market Report – 11/2013
- Are you a Rahway Expert?
- October in Rahway’s Real Estate Market – November, 2013
- How’s Linden’s Real Estate Market? October, 2013
- Linden Real Estate Market Report for August, 2013 – 08/15/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report – August 2013 – 08/05/13
- Linden Months of Supply – 07/12/13
- How does the Months Supply in Rahway affect sellers? – 07/10/13
- Sell my home in Rahway! – 07/02/13
- Sell my Linden home! – 06/25/13
- Beautiful 3 BR home in Linden offered for sale! – 06/01/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/26/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/27/13
- Linden Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/20/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/05/13
- 602 W. Curtis Street, Linden – 04/04/13
- Rahway, NJ – A brief historical look – 03/04/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- The Winter Real Estate Market in Rahway – 02/23/13
- For Sale – 904 Kent Place, Linden – 12/10/12
- Buying or Selling a Home in Rahway, NJ – 01/12/13
- Linden Real Estate Market – 2012 in Review – 01/07/13
- Still a Buyer’s Market in Linden! – 10/29/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Linden? – 10/14/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Rahway? – 10/15/12
- Free Market Analysis of Linden, NJ – 07/30/12
- Linden, NJ, Market Report – 1st half of 2012 – 07/09/12
- Free Market Report of Rahway Homes! – 08/13/12
- Rahway Market Trends – 03/25/12