The Township of Springfield, NJ, is home to nearly 16,000 people and is the home of Baltrusol Golf Club. It is also the location of the Battle of Springfield which was the last battle of the Revolutionary War. New Jersey Monthly magazine ranked Springfield as the 85th best place to live in New Jersey.
All of Springfield’s public schools are named for notable Springfield residents. Students in Springfield attend Edward V. Walton Early Childhood Center for grades Pre-K to 2, James Caldwell Elementary School in grades 3-5, Thelma L. Sandmeier Elementery School for grades 6-8 and Jonathan Dayton High School for grades 9-12. Springfield students also attend Saint James the Apostle School serving grades Pre-K through 8.
Before you buy or sell a home in Springfield, it’s important to understand the local real estate market. Here’s what you need to know:
Inventory: There are currently 10 homes offered for sale in Springfield – about 60% fewer than were on the market in August and 33% fewer than the 2014 average.
Prices: The average price of a sold home in Springfield in December 2as $445,450, about 11% higher than the 2014 average and 27% higher than the 2013 average.
Days on Market:
December was a very slow month for sales in Springfield. The average home that sold in December had been on the market for 134 days – higher than any month in the past 3 years. The average for 2014 was 65 days which is 2 weeks faster than the 2013 average of 78 days.
What this means to you: It’s never been more important than now to have competent and experienced professional representation when you’re thinking of buying or selling. If you have a home in Springfield that you’d like to sell, contact us for a free comparative market analysis! If you’re thinking of buying a home in Springfield, click here to search available homes.
For more information on selling your home:
For more information on Springfield, NJ:
- What do you need to know about Springfield’s Real Estate Market? – 5/26/14
- Seller’s Market in Springfield – 5/26/14
- Real Estate News for Sprinfield, NJ – 4/23/2014
- It’s a Seller’s Market In Springfield – 3/10/2014
- The Real Estate Market Report for Springfield – 1/18/2014
- What’s Going On in the Springfield, NJ, Real Estate Market? 12/15/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Springfield for October, 2012
- Springfield Real Estate Market Report – August, 2013 – 08/03/13
- Springfield Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/28/13
- 10 Union County High Schools Make Newsweek’s Short List – 05/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Springfield, NJ Market Trends – First half of 2012 – 07/20/12
- Springfield, NJ Market Trends – 02/28/12