Before you buy or sell a home in Mountainside, your first step is to understand how the real estate market is performing. Here’s what you need to know this summer.
Inventory: There are currently 50 single family homes offered for sale in Mountainside. This is an unusually low inventory for the beginning of summer. Low inventory sometimes results in an increase in prices. There were 8 homes sold in June in Mountainside.
The average sale price of a home in Mountainside in June of 2015 was $698,681. This is 11% higher than the 12 month average of $625,728 and the highest June average of the past several years.
Sellers who want to get top dollar for their home will want to be sure that their marketing is on point and that their home is appropriately priced. Buyers who are looking for a bargain in Clark will want to do their research. When you find the home you want to buy, be sure that your offer is competitive because there are many multiple offer situations this summer.
Days on Market:
Eight homes were sold in June in Mountainside and they were sold after an average of 55 days on the market, the fastest June sales in several years. The 12 month average in Mountainside is 63 days.
Home sellers who are interested in selling their property quickly will need to be sure that the home is priced correctly. Overpriced homes sell much more slowly, if they sell at all. Condition also affects the speed at which a home will sell. Homes that are cleaner, more up to date, and in better condition will sell faster than others.
If you are a buyer or a seller interested in a home in Union County, please call Team Zuhl! We’re happy to help you in all of your real estate needs!
For more information on selling your home:
For more information on Mountainside Real Estate:
- The Mountainside Real Estate Market Report for First Quarter 2015
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report – June 2014
- Mountainside Real Estate Market for May 2014 – 6/21/14
- Prices and Inventory Rebound in Mountainside – 4/18-14
- Mountainside’s Real Estate Market Conditions – 3/9/2014
- Mountainside Real Estate – 1/18/2014
- The Real Estate Report for Mountainside – November, 2013
- Mountainside Real Estate Report – October, 2013
- Sell my home in Mountainside! – 08/19/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report – April, 2013 – 05/27/13
- Mountainside Real Estate Market Report – January-March, 2013 – 04/13/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? – 02/24/13
- Mountainside Real Estate – 2012 in Review – 01/08/13
- 68 Homes Sold in Mountainside so far this year – 07/10/12
- Mountainside, NJ Housing Market Trends – 03/18/12
Not intended to solicit currently listed properties.